Falling in Love
(with Angie Quick)
Making art — engaging with the creative act — is a process of constantly falling in love. Join painter, poet, and performer Angie Quick for five lessons in love-falling, each centering catharsis and the construction of love letters to the cosmos.
- Letters: engaging works by Emily Dickinson, Tracey Emin, Louise Bourgeois, Anne Carson, Cy Twombly, and more.
- Rituals/tributes/offerings/altars/ephemera: gathering concrete inspiration from immediate surroundings.
- Testaments/citations/lists: creating small works on paper that play with erasure, censoring, and bleeding.
- Portrait & nuance: self-portraiture, desire portraits, and scribbling / dance.
- Voyeurism/mindfulness: drawing love stories, love notes, and windows of desire.
- Sunday, Feb 14 (7pm–8pm EST/UTC-5)
- Sunday, Feb 21 (7pm–8pm EST/UTC-5)
- Sunday, Feb 28 (7pm–8pm EST/UTC-5)
- Sunday, March 7 (7pm–8pm EST/UTC-5)
- Sunday, March 14 (7pm–8pm EST/UTC-5)
Required supplies: pen; pencil; paper; eraser
Suggested skill level: beginner and up
Spots available: 15
Workshop fee: CAN$100/household (Perfect for sharing with a quarantine pal!)